Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Manuscript Review 2021
Only physicians who have been selected by the editors of the Annals to successfully complete manuscript reviews may register for this activity. Please note: there is a maximum of 15 credits per year.
Reviewers may earn up to 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM each completed review that receives a passing score. Each reviewer can claim credit for up to 5 reviews each calendar year. To complete this activity and earn credit, you will need the manuscript number you reviewed. Please email the editorial office of the Annals if you do not have this information. Credit should be claimed by December 31, 2021 to be counted for 2021. The course will be unavailable after this date.
To begin, click on Annals Manuscript Review #1 and then click Take Course. As usual, a brief course evaluation must be completed for each manuscript prior to claiming credit. For any subsequent reviews, return to this course and click the next Annals Manuscript Review number. Please only claim credit for the articles you have reviewed.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, particpants will improve their ability to:
- Conduct a relevant review of the medical/scientific literature, and related evidence-based data, for the purpose of critiquing assigned manuscripts
- Develop and expand the use of critical analytical skills
- Identify new information, concepts and strategies that may impact the reviewer’s area of practice
- Contribute to the scientific body of knowledge and related clinical practice strategies that may change performance in practice and ultimately improve patient care in the field of allergy and immunology
- Develop and expand assessment and feedback skills through constructive criticism to authors of assigned manuscripts
All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved.
- Gailen D. Marshall, Jr., MD, PhD, No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Mitchell Grayson, MD, Advisory Board, Consulting Fee: DBV Technologies, GlaxoSmithKline.
- Anne E. Ellis, MD, MSC, Advisory Board, Honorarium: Alk Abello, AstraZenca, Aralez, Bausch Health, LEO Pharma, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer; Speaker, Honorarium: Alk Abello, Aralez, AstraZeneca,Medexus, Mylan: Research Grants: Alk Abello, Aralez, AstraZeneca, Bayer, LLC. Medexus, Novartis, Regeneron; Independent Consultant, Fees: Bayer LLC, Regeneron.
- Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn, MD, PhD, Advisory Board, Honorarium: Nestle; Novartis, Regeneron; Speaker, Honorarium: Nutricia; Author, Royalty: UpToDate.
- Donald Y.M. Leung, MD, Advisory Board, Consulting Fee: Boehringer Ingelheim; Consultant, Honorarium: Genentech; Advisory Board, Honorarium: Leo Pharma; Speaker, Honorarium: Pfizer.
- William D. Johnson, PhD, No relevant relationships to disclose.
- Larry Borish, MD, Consultant, Consulting Fee: Avrio-Purdue; Advisory Board, Consulting Fee: Bristol Myers Squibb, Genzyme, Sanofi; Clinical Research:, Contracted Research: Regeneron, Money to Institution; Investigator, Grant: Money to Institution: GlaxoSmithKline.
- Mariana C. Castells, MD, PhD, No relevant relationships to disclose.
- Matthew Greenhawt, MD, Consultant, Fee: Aquestive; Advisory Board, Honorarium: Allergenis, Allergy Therapeutics, Aquestive, DBV Technologies, Intrommune, Novartis, Nutricia, Pfizer, Prota, Sanofi/Genzyme, US WorldMeds; Speaker, Honorarium: DBV Technologies.
- Jay A. Lieberman, MD, Author, Research Investigator, Contracted Research, Money to Institution: Aimmune: Advisory Board, Research Investigator, Honorarium, Contracted Research, Money to Institution: DBV Technologies; Advisory Board, Honorarium: Genentech; Research Investigator, Contracted Research, Money to Institution: Regeneron.
- John J. Oppenheimer, MD, Consultant, Consulting Fee: AstraZeneca; Research, Consulting Fee: GlaxoSmithKline; Adjudication/dsmb, Consulting Fee: Novartis, Abbvie, Regeneron, Sanofi.
- Jonathan Spergel, MD, PhD. Independent Contractor, Honorarium: Abbott; Consultant, Independent Contractor, Consulting Fee, Contracted Research: DBV Technologies; Advisory Board, Contracted Research, Honorarium: Novartis; Consultant, Independent Contractor, Consulting: Intellectual Property Rights, Regeneron; Independent Contractor, Contracted Research: Sanofi.