- No diplomate will lose their certification this year or next as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. The expiration date for certificates expiring in 2020 have been extended to 12/31/2021
- The deadline for completion of the 2020 Continuous Assessment Program (CAP) Block 1 has been extended from 7/15/2020 to 1/15/2021; 2020 CAP Block 2 is cancelled.
- The deadline for all individual MOC requirements (parts I, II, III and IV) have been extended from 2020 to 12/31/2021.The 2020 Continuous Qualification Exam (CQE) for diplomates in the CAP re-entry pathway has been cancelled.
The American Board of Allergy & Immunology's (ABAI's) Maintenance of Certification® (MOC) program provides practitioners with a way of staying current in their medical knowledge. It ensures their methods for patient care are up-to-date, and it provides them guidance for important medical care decisions.
ACAAI is here to help! You can find more in-depth information, along with key resources for fulfilling each part of MOC here:
- Part I: Professional Standing
- Part II: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment
- Part III: Cognitive Expertise
- Part IV: Quality Improvement
Please contact the ABAI for specific information regarding certification or MOC.