NJAAIS 2021 Annual Teaching Day
Didactic lectures allow the speakers to provide evidence based medical recommendations, updates and expert opinion.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) and New Jersey Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society (NJAAIS). The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Practicing allergists and allied healthcare providers in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Be familiar with diagnosis and management of contact dermatitis.
- Recognize nasal polyps etiology and pathology as well as potential treatment approaches including biologics.
- Summarize immunodeficiency diagnosis and management, including genetic screening.
- Recognize different underlying etiologies and associated diseases in asthma, including fungal diseases.
- Follow current evidence-based research and guidelines in food allergy prevention and management.
- Realize the spectrum of different disorders in hypereosinophilia and to implement sound approaches in diagnosis and management.
All identified conflicts of interest have been mitigated.
The individuals listed below disclose the following financial relationships:
David E Cohen, MD, MPH
Consultant and Honorarium: Ferndale Laboratories, AsanaMedimetriks [past],Leo, UCB, Novartis, Dermavant, SFJ
FIDE. (FIDE receives industry sponsorship from AbbVie, Almirall, Amgen, Arcutis, Bausch and Lomb, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene Dermavant, Dermira, Janssen, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, LEO, Lilly, Novartis, Ortho Dermatologics, Pfizer, Sanofi Genzyme, Regeneron, Sun Pharma, UCB, Valeant)
Brian Vickery, MD
Research Grant: NIH-NIAID, Food Allergy Research and Education
Other research support: Aimmune therapeutics, DBV technologies, Genentech, Regeneron,
Consultant/advisory board: Aimmune therapeutics, Aravax, AllerGenis, DBC, Food Allergy Research and Education, Reacta Biosciences
Maeve O’Connor, MD
Speaker: GlaskoSmithKline, Takeda, Teva, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi, Pharming, Circassia/Aerocine, Viropharma/Baxalta/Shire, Regeneron, Optinose, GSK, Aimmune, Sanofi
Advisory Board: Strategic Pharmaceutical Strategic Allergy Advisors, Aimmune, Hycor, Precision, Pharming, Teva, ALK, Circassia, Spirometrix, Viropharma/Baxalta/Shire, Thermo Fisher Scientific
The following have no relevant financial relationships to disclose:
David Khan, MD
Joshua Milner, MD
Anne Maitland, MD, PHD
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 Attendance