On Demand 2016 Office Administrators Practice Management Course
Office practice administrators/managers, nurse managers and other clinical staff responsible for practice management activities, new and established allergists/immunologists in private practice, employed allergists and FITs.
$96 $77 Members / $144 $115 Non-Members
- Patient-centered Care: Providing Excellence From Start to Finish
- Nuts and Bolts of Practice Financial Management
- The Changing World of Regulations and Payment Models: An Advocacy Council Update
- Marketing Your Practice and Prioritizing Marketing Options
- Human Resources for Employee Relations: Every Practice Should Have One
- New Technology to Improve Retention and Compliance
- Futuristic View From An Allergist: Crystal Ball Shows Fog Ahead!
Release Date: 12/01/2016
Expiration Date: 11/30/2019
- Identify patient expectations throughout entire encounter; and improve service and patient satisfaction by identifying patient needs.
- Explain basic financial management metrics; and summarize the importance of financial controls in a practice.
- Summarize implications of MACRA legislation; summarize features and timeline of MIPS and APM programs; and discuss important changes at the national level that impact practice management.
- Develop a basic marketing plan; and assess options to deliver best results from spending marketing money.
- Develop a basic Human Resources plan; and recognize and address employment-related issues.
- Implement strategies to increase patient loyalty and compliance.
- Interpret information to plan ahead for clinical or reimbursement changes; and relay trends to staff to keep abreast of all developments within allergy specialty.
- 6.00 Attendance