On Demand 2023 Saturday PM General Sessions
This collection covers general sessions from Saturday's program. This includes plenaries, and symposia. The sessions listed below are included in this package:
- Reimbursement for Technology Enabled Services
- The Changing Landscape of Primary Immunodeficiency
- 7 for 11 - Hot Topics in Pediatrics A&I - A Joint Presentation from AAP-SOAI & ACAAI
- Challenging Symptoms to Manage in Rhinosinusitis / Airway Diseases
- Climbing the Baked Egg/Milk Ladder: Is It As Safe As We Assume?
- From Bleach Baths to Biologics: Evidence and Recommendations From the 2023 Atopic Dermatitis Parameters
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria: Itching for the Latest Information
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 11 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical professionals who treat patients with allergic and/or immunological conditions:
- Practicing allergist/immunologists
- Allergy/immunology Fellows-in-Training
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and advanced practice nurses
- Allied health professionals
- Primary care physicians
- Other medical professionals
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Compare new diagnosis and treatments for food allergy.
- Identify updates in pediatric asthma and allergy.
- Recognize changes in diagnosis and management of pediatric skin and immune disorders.
- List the medical and surgical treatments available for patients with recalcitrant rhinorrhea.
- Describe the anatomic and medical treatments for and be able to offer practical treatment options to patients with severe nasal congestion.
- List the differential diagnosis of smell impairment and medical/surgical approach to anosmia.
- Formulate a diagnostic algorithm for patients presenting with chronic cough and discuss treatment options.
- Indicate how to appropriately diagnose humoral immune deficiency beyond Ig levels and vaccine responses, including
- when to consider genetic testing.
- Identify pulmonary complications associated with IEIs and discuss management strategies.
- Discuss the emerging role of gene therapy for IEIs.
- Explain current reimbursement and licensure laws for telemedicine.
- Utilize reimbursement options and requirements for RPM and RTM.
- Review other technology-based patient care services and reimbursement options for each.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of dietary advancement therapies, such as milk and egg ladders.• Identify the right candidates for milk/egg ladders and describe patient instructions.
- Describe risks and benefits of baked milk/egg OIT and identify unmet needs.
- Implement strategies to improve guideline-directed use of second-generation antihistamines in the emergency department.
- Comprehend the international guidelines for the management of patients with CSU, revisit current treatment recommendations and understand the burden of refractory disease.
- Discuss therapeutics currently FDA-approved for other indications, now under investigation for treatment of CSU and ISM.
- Review recent data on novel therapeutics under investigation for CSU and ISM.
Travis A. Miller, MD, FACAAI
Farah N. Khan, MD
Sakina S. Bajowala, MD
Tania Elliott, MD, FACAAI
Jennifer A. Shih, MD, FACAAI
Sudhir Gupta, MD, PhD, FACAAI
Jordan S. Orange, MD, PhD, FACAAI
John Michael Routes, MD, FACAAI
Jolan Walter, MD
Todd A. Mahr, MD, FACAAI
Angela Duff Hogan, MD, FACAAI
Theresa A. Bingemann, MD, FACAAI
J. Andrew Bird, MD, FACAAI
Eric M. Schauberger, DO, PHD, FACAAI, FAAAAI
Julie Wang, MD, FACAAI
Mary Beth Fasano, MD, MSPH, FACAAI
Ama Alexis, MD, FACAAI
Gerald B. Lee, MD, FACAAI
John B. Hagan, MD, FACAAI
Jeremy S. Katcher, MD, FACAAI
Andrew A. White, MD, FACAAI
Mandel R. Sher, MD, FACAAI
Annette F. Carlisle, MD
Ryan B. Israelsen, MD
Matthew Greenhawt, MD, MBA, MSc, FACAAI
Douglas P. Mack, MD, MSc
Aikaterini Anagnostou, MD, PhD, FACAAI
Kelly M. Maples, MD, FACAAI
Catherine Hammond, MD
Brian T. Kelly, MD, MA, FACAAI
Nicole M. Chase, MD, FAAP, FACAAI
Jennifer Chen Li, MD
Sarbjit Singh Saini, MD
David A Khan, MD, FACAAI
Melanie Dispenza, MD, PhD
Mark Boguniewicz, MD, FACAAI
Derek K. Chu, MD, PhD
Peck Y. Ong, MD, FACAAI
- 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 11.00 Attendance
- 11.00 CBRN