On Demand 2023 Friday AM General Sessions
This course includes the following sessions from Friday morning's program:
- Are You Using These Diagnostic Tests to Maximal Efficacy?
- The Environment and the Allergist - Pollen and Practice Changes in the New Environment
- The Evolution of Immunodeficiency Due to Medications and Malignancy
- EAACI - New Responses to the Theoretical and Practical Challenge of Allergic Diseases
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical professionals who treat patients with allergic and/or immunological conditions:
- Practicing allergist/immunologists
- Allergy/immunology Fellows-in-Training
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and advanced practice nurses
- Allied health professionals
- Primary care physicians
- Other medical professionals
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Detail the impact of climate change on aeroallergens, pollen, and mold counts.
- Consider potential disparities in care observed in their asthmatic and allergic patients from underserved populations related to the effects of climate change.
- Identify the measures that can be used to implement an environmentally sustainable allergy practice.
- Discuss the usefulness of available tests with their patients.
- Demonstrate when to consider these tests in addition/in lieu of percutaneous tests.
- Analyze how this compares to spirometry/plethysmography and make an informed decision on the use of spirometry testing.
- Assess diagnostic and management strategies in SID patients due to B cell depletion.
- Determine diagnostic and management strategies in SID patients due to systemic steroids.
- Apply diagnostic and management strategies in SID patients due to emerging therapies.
- Summarize and analyze new approaches to SID management.
- Identify a novel approach to a new nomenclature of allergic diseases adapted to modern needs.
- Analyze real world use of newly introduced biologics.
- Cite changes to the EAACI Guidelines for Drug Allergy.
Dan A. Dalan, MD, FACAAI
Mark C. Stahl, DO, FACAAI
Jeffrey G. Demain, MD, FACAAI
Bridgette L. Jones, MD
Todd L Sack, MD
Bradley A. Locke, DO
Jonathan S. Tam, MD, FACAA
Jonathan Corren, MD, FACAAI
Julie Wang, MD, FACAAI
Stanley Galant, MD, FACAAI
Minto Porter, MD, FACAAI
Antoine E. Azar, MD
S. Shahzad Mustafa, MD, FACAAI
Heather K. Lehman, MD
Jolan Walter, MD
Marek Jutel, PhD
Stefano Del Giacco, MD, PhD
Maria Torres, MD, PhD
- 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.25 Attendance
- 6.25 CBRN