2018 ACAAI Virtual Annual Meeting
Join the Seattle
Even if you can’t travel to Seattle, you can still join the Annual Meeting virtually! In addition to viewing the presentations and streaming audio and video, you can submit questions to speakers and chat with fellow virtual attendees.
When the event nears, this page will be updated with instructions on how to join the Virtual Meeting via Adobe Connect. The link and instructions will also be emailed to you at that time.
The virtual meeting will include:
- Access to all the presentation slides from the virtual annual meeting
- Live broadcast of the speakers and their slides from the Saturday (11/17) and Sunday (11/18) plenary and symposia sessions (see session listing below)
- The ability to submit questions to be included during session Q&A
- The ability to discuss topics with your fellow virtual participants
- Access to the recordings of the virtual sessions after the Annual Meeting concludes
- This is a "live" webcast. CME credit will be claimed based on particpation in the live webcast.
Virtual Annual Meeting Sessions:
- Network Studies: Pulling it All Together for Adults & Kids (Saturday, 8:00-9:30am Pacific)
- Advocacy Council Coding and Government Regulations Update (MOC) (Saturday, 10:00am-11:30pm Pacific)
- Going Nuts: The Complexities Diagnosing and Managing Peanut & Tree Nut Allergy (Saturday, 1:00-2:30pm Pacific)
- Latest Issues & Controversies in Food Allergy (Saturday, 3:00-4:30pm Pacific)
- Practical Applications for Your Office (MOC) (Sunday, 8:00-9:30am Pacific)
- The Gain of Immunotherapy over Pharmacotherapy for Allergic Respiratory Diseases (Sunday, 10:00-11:30am Pacific)
- Shifting Paradigms in Management of Severe Asthma: Pathogenesis, Phenotypes & Personalized Medicine (Sunday, 1:00-2:30pm Pacific)
- Hot Topics in Pediatric Allergy (MOC) (Sunday, 3:00-4:30pm Pacific)
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- All practicing allergists/immunologists
- Fellows in allergy/immunology training programs
- Primary care physicians who care for allergy patients
- Allied health professionals in the field of allergy and immunology
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify major advances in key areas of cutting edge research in immunologic mechanisms and allergic responses, including anaphylaxis and pathophysiology of the upper airways, lungs, eyes, skin and gastrointestinal tract
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic processes linking molecular and cellular biology and genetics with allergic pathophysiology and immunodeficiency
- Translate emerging clinical science principles to clinical practice in patients with allergic and immunologic diseases
- Evaluate and implement state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for treating patients with allergic and immunologic diseases
- Explain the impact of environmental exposures and external influences on patients with allergic disorders
- Recognize emerging trends in the prevalence of allergic and immunologic disorders and discuss their impact on public health
- Evaluate the impact of new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies on health care costs and outcomes
- Discuss processes, tools and technologies for the efficient allergy and immunology practice
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.00 Attendance
- 4.50 MOC
NOTE: You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase the course. When you check out and review purchase, at the PayPal sign in page, click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card or Sign Up. You will then be able to make your purchase without logging in or creating an account.
System Requirements to Attend:
- On a Windows or Macintosh PC:
- Web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)
- Speakers or headphones for audio
- Internet connection
- On an iOS or Android Mobile Device:
- The Adobe Connect app (available from iTunes App Store or Google Play)
- Internet connection