2018 Office Administrators Practice Management Course
Get the latest practice management information for allergy/immunology practices from the 2018 Office Administrator’s Practice Management Course. Topics include coding, hiring & training, HR perils & pearls, performing a practice assessment, marketing, collections in a high-deductible environment, telemedicine for allergy practices, College practice management resources and an Advocacy Council update.
Price: $79 Members / $139 Non-Members
Release Date: 12/01/2018
Expiration Date: 11/30/2021
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Explain how to code for specific allergy/immunology visits and services.
- Summarize the practice resources available on the College website; and describe the various practice management subject areas covered on the College website.
- Identify ways to make it easier to hire the right person for an office; evaluate if a potential employee is the right fit for the practice or the position; and create strategies for rapid but effective training of new staff members without causing undue stress.
- Assess job candidates using three different methods; describe three HR documents that will help the administrator manage their team; and minimize the damage caused by an employee resigning.
- Discuss the concept and importance of a periodic assessment; identify key areas for consideration; and describe data sources and how to use data.
- Discuss important changes at the national level that impact practice management; and discuss future changes within the allergy practice landscape.
- Create a marketing plan for a practice; describe marketing tools and resources available on College website; and evaluate effectiveness of a marketing strategy.
- Collect adequate data prior to patient’s visit and verify patient’s insurance and coverage; identify effective tools that will assist with verifying patient’s insurance status and coverage; and provide education to front office staff to inform patient of responsibilities prior to their visit and to collect all responsible payments prior to patient leaving the office.
- Identify the reasons for utilizing telemedicine; understand the unique billing and licensure issues associated with telemedicine; and understand the criteria surrounding the selection of a telemedicine software platform.
J. Kelly Davis, BS, CMPE
Marine Demirjian, MD, FACAAI
Stanley Fineman, MD, MBA, FACAAI
Gary Gross, MD, FACAAI
Jennifer Pfeifer, MBA, CMPE
Michelle Thornblade, PA-C
Iris Torres, AS, CRMA
Kay Tyler, BS, BA, MBA