NYACK 2019 Update in Allergy and Asthma
This course is designed to provide the practicing clinician, both generalists and allergy and pulmonary specialists, with updates on the diagnosis and management of asthma; food and drug allergies and atopic dermatitis. The didactic lecture component, geared for both generalists and specialists, will focus on recent advances in the evaluation and treatment of asthma and allergies.
Our goal is to provide a unique, interactive course that elucidates the scientific advances which support current clinical practice guidelines for asthma and allergy management.
This activity is not supported by educational grants.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) and Nyack Hospital. The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Allied health professionals
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Have increased knowledge in recent advances in evaluation and treatment of food allergies, including immunotherapy.
- Have increased knowledge in recent advances in evaluation and management of patients with AERD.
- Better identify asthma/ Asthma –COPD overlap patients who would benefit from new biologic treatments for better patient outcomes.
- Accurately diagnose and develop management plans for patients with Anaphylaxis.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 Attendance