NYACK 2018 Update in Allergy and Asthma
This course is designed to provide the practicing clinician, both generalists and allergy and pulmonary specialists, with updates on the diagnosis and management of asthma, food and drug allergies and atopic dermatitis. The didactic lecture component, geared for both generalists and specialists, will focus on recent advances in the evaluation and treatment of asthma and allergies.
Our goal is to provide a unique, interactive course that elucidates the scientific advances which support current clinical practice guidelines for asthma and allergy management.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) and NYACK Hospital. The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has no commercial support.
Practicing allergists, pulmonary specialists and allied health professionals
At the conclusion of this meeting, learners should be able to:
- Accurately diagnose food allergies so that appropriate diets and measures can be taken.
- Accurately diagnose and label drug allergies for better patient outcomes and antibiotic stewardship
- Better identify asthma patients who would benefit from new biologic treatments for better patient outcomes
- Improve diagnosis and management of urticarial and atopic dermatitis patients and refer to appropriate specialist for new therapies
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 Attendance