ACAAI 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting
Welcome to Practice Empowerment, ACAAI’s 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting!
No matter where you are in your journey – in training, a veteran allergist, or anywhere in between – we invite you to join us Nov. 15 – 19 in Seattle for a meeting experience that’s better than ever. There are new session types, a streamlined schedule with more opportunities to meet and mingle, and a focus on interactive learning and collaboration! Join us in Seattle for #ACAAI18!
Practice Empowerment: Patients. Community. Partners.
Medical professionals who treat patients with allergic and/or immunological conditions:
• Practicing allergist/immunologists
• Allergy/immunology Fellows-in-Training
• Physician assistants
• Nurses and advanced practice nurses
• Allied health professionals
• Primary care physicians
• Other medical professionals
Overall Educational Objectives
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Identify major advances in key areas of cutting edge research in immunologic mechanisms and allergic responses, including anaphylaxis and pathophysiology of the upper airways, lungs, eyes, skin and gastrointestinal tract.
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic processes linking molecular and cellular biology and genetics with allergic pathophysiology and immunodeﬁciency.
• Translate emerging clinical science principles to clinical practice in patients with allergic and immunologic diseases.
• Evaluate and implement state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for treating patients with allergic and immunologic diseases.
• Explain the impact of environmental exposures and external inﬂuences on patients with allergic disorders.
• Recognize emerging trends in the prevalence of allergic and immunologic disorders and discuss their impact on public health.
• Evaluate the impact of new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies on health care costs and outcomes.
• Discuss processes, tools and technologies for the efﬁcient allergy and immunology practice.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from:
• Aimmune Therapeutics
• DBV Technologies
• Pharming Group NV
• Sanofi Genzyme and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
This activity is also supported by Dormer Laboratories Inc., Micro Direct, Inc., Optim LLC and SmartPractice through independent educational grants consisting of loaned durable equipment and disposable supplies.
- 6.00 AANP
- 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.50 Attendance
- 13.00 MOC