Allergen Extract Mixer Training Program 2019
This inaugural program will offer didactic presentations, developed specifically to detail the expectations of the revised USP 797, followed by a hands-on workshop, where attendees will accurately garb to meet 797 standards, participate in area sterilization techniques and perform individualized media fill and glove tip testing. The session will conclude with a brief exam, and certificates of completion will be awarded to those who successfully complete the training program.
- All practicing allergists/immunologists
- Fellows in allergy/immunology training programs
- Primary care physicians who care for allergy patients
- Allied health professionals in the field of allergy and immunology
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the requirements for a USP 797-compliant mixing station.
- Provide sterile, safe immunotherapy kits for patients.
- Ensure allergy kits contain appropriate allergen extracts in the appropriate quantities for safe immunotherapy administration, mixed according to a patient’s individualized prescription.
All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved.
Education Staff/Committee/Reviewers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose, except as may be listed above.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.50 CBRN
- 6.50 Attendance