Allergen Extract Mixer Training Program 2019
This inaugural program will offer didactic presentations, developed specifically to detail the expectations of the revised USP 797, followed by a hands-on workshop, where attendees will accurately garb to meet 797 standards, participate in area sterilization techniques and perform individualized media fill and glove tip testing. The session will conclude with a brief exam, and certificates of completion will be awarded to those who successfully complete the training program.
The live activity was supported by an independent educational grant from the following commercial supporter:
- Stallergenes Greer
- All practicing allergists/immunologists
- Fellows in allergy/immunology training programs
- Primary care physicians who care for allergy patients
- Allied health professionals in the field of allergy and immunology
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the requirements for a USP 797-compliant mixing station.
- Provide sterile, safe immunotherapy kits for patients.
- Ensure allergy kits contain appropriate allergen extracts in the appropriate quantities for safe immunotherapy administration, mixed according to a patient’s individualized prescription.
All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved.
Education Staff/Committee/Reviewers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose, except as may be listed above.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.50 Attendance
- 6.50 CBRN