Is the sky falling? Be a SURVIVOR!
Price: FREE for members, $25 non-members
In our everchanging world of medicine, we believe there are issues that hit practicing allergists especially hard. This webinar will help provide the information needed for you to strengthen your practice model. It shares different allergists’ approaches to problems they’ve faced over the years – and how they’ve achieved success.
- James L. Sublett, MD, FACAAI, shared how his practice began with two physicians, one nurse and one front office person. Today, 19 board certified allergists/immunologists, three board certified pulmonologists (sleep only) and 12 nurse practitioners are employed in over 28 locations with more than 200 team members. He discusses the many times he's seen the "sky fall" and ways to make those pieces useful to your practice.
- Dana V. Wallace, MD, FACAAI, owned her own practice for many years and recently sold to a larger group. She addresses the concerns she had before making the switch and now that it's done – does she have any regrets?
- Curtis L. Hedberg, MD, FACAAI, is in private practice and is facing many of these difficult issues every day. What makes it worth holding the line on private practice? What would make him change his mind?
- Douglas Leavengood, MD, FACAAI, was in private practice for more than 30 years – until Cigna Healthcare offered him the position of Medical Director of Allergy/Immunology. In this presentation, he provides guidelines for filing prior authorization forms – to help the process move more smoothly.
- Maeve E. O'Connor, MD, FACAAI, current HOD Speaker, is a private practitioner in Charlotte, NC, and moderated the program.
- James L. Sublett, MD, FACAAI, has been a practicing physician for more than 36 years and has held senior leadership positions in professional medical societies at the local, state and national levels. He is a former president of the College, served on numerous councils and committees and currently serves as the Advocacy Council’s Executive Director of Advocacy and Governmental Relations.
- Dana V. Wallace, MD, FACAAI, has been a private practitioner for more than 35 years. She served as the College president in 2010-2011, received ACAAI’s Distinguished Service Award; received ACAAI’s Woman in Allergy Award; and has also served on a large number of College committees. She has been active in the Florida Medical Association for more than 35 years.
- Curtis L. Hedberg, MD, FACAAI, is a private practitioner. He’s served on ACAAI’s Board of Regents, currently serves as the vice speaker of the House of Delegates, chairs the Membership Relations Committee and has served on several other College committees. He is active in his local and state medical societies.
- Douglas Leavengood, MD, FACAAI, spent more than 30 years practicing allergy/immunology. In January of 2016, he accepted the position of Medical Director of Allergy/Immunology with Cigna Healthcare. He works with utilization and prior authorizations and has been closely involved refining coverage positions which impact his specialty field – allergy/immunology.
- Maeve E. O’Connor, MD, FACAAI, current HOD Speaker, is a private practitioner in Charlotte, NC, and moderates the program.