On Demand 2017 Advanced Practice Health Care Providers Course
Price: $99 members, $125 non-members
Includes presentations from the advanced practice course at the 2017 meeting:
- Anaphylaxis "Outside the Box": Interpretation and Treatment of Those Difficult Cases
- Biologics: What We Know and Don’t Know
- Bumps in the Road: How Changes in the Health Care Landscape Will Affect Our Patients and Practice
- All About the Microbiome
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse practitioners, physician assistants, allergy-immunology nurses, other health care providers with extensive experience and physicians.
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
• Recognize sign and symptoms of unusual causes of anaphylaxis; identify “pseudo-anaphylaxis” and understand proper management of this condition; and interpret case scenarios, including evaluation and development of management plan.
• Explain indication of biologics; and identify patients who would benefit from biologic therapy.
• Identify appropriate patients for SCIT and SLIT; discuss administration issues and controversies in SLIT; and discuss benefits and risks in SCIT and SLIT.
• Discuss how changes in national healthcare coverage will change our practice; and discuss how patient coverage will affect our patients.
• Review how microbiota contribute to a healthy immune system; and discuss the role of intestinal microbiota in the development of food allergy and other chronic diseases.
- Jodi Shroba, MSN, APRN, CPNP
- Kimberly G. Clay, RN, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC and
- Stanley Fineman, MD, MBA, FACAAI
- Gailen D. Marshall, MD, PhD, FACAAI
- Mary Lou Hayden, RN, MS, FNP-BC, AE-C
- Gary N. Gross, MD, FACAAI
- Christina E. Ciaccio, MD, MSc, FACAAI
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.75 Attendance