As required by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and in accordance with the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) policy, all CME planners, presenters, moderators, authors, reviewers, and other individuals in a position to control and/or influence the content of an activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that have occurred within the past 12 months. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved and the educational content thoroughly vetted for fair balance, scientific objectivity, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. It is required that disclosure be provided to the learners prior to the start of the activity. Individuals with no relevant financial relationships must also inform the learners that no relevant financial relationships exist. Learners must also be informed when off-label, experimental/investigational uses of drugs or devices are discussed in an educational activity or included in related materials. Disclosure in no way implies that the information presented is biased or of lesser quality. It is incumbent upon course participants to be aware of these factors in interpreting the program contents and evaluating recommendations. Moreover, expressed views do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ACAAI.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved. Any unapproved/investigative uses of therapeutic agents/devices discussed are appropriately noted.
- Jonathan A. Bernstein, MD (Annals CME Subcommittee): Consultant, Grants/Fees: AstraZeneca, CSL Behring, Novartis, Pharming, Sanofi Regeneron, Shire; Consultant, Grant: BioCryst
- Guha Krishnaswamy, MD (Annals CME Subcommittee): Author, Royalties: UpToDate; Research, Grant: CSL Behring; Reviewer, Honorarium: NIAID/AITC
- Gailen D. Marshall, Jr, MD, PhD (Editor-in-Chief): Research, Grants: AstraZeneca, NIH, PCORI, Stallergenes
- Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn, MD (CME Series Editor, Deputy Editor): Advisory Board, Fees: ALK Abello, Gerber, Merck; Contributor, Fees: UpToDate; Research, Grants: Astellas Pharma, DBV Technologies, Food Allergy Research and Education, NIH/NIAID Immune Tolerance Network, Nutricia, Thermo Fisher Scientific; Speaker, Grant/Fees: Nestle
- John J. Oppenheimer, MD (Annals CME Subcommittee, Associate Editor): Consultant, Fees: AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, DBV Technologies, GlaxoSmithKline, Kaleo, Novartis, Sanofi
- Maureen Egan, MD, Consultant, Fees: Nestle
- Matthew Greenhawt, MD, MBA, MSc, Advisory Committee, Honorarium: Kaleo, Nestle Nutrition Institute: Consulting/Speaker, Fees/Honorarium: Aimmune Therapeutics, Thermo Fisher; Speaker, Honorarium: Intrommune
Recognition of Commercial Support: This activity has not received external commercial support.
Copyright Statement: Ó2015-2018 ACAAI. All rights reserved.
CME Inquiries: Contact the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology at email@example.com