2015 International Food Allergy Symposium On Demand
You can earn up to 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Cost:
$185 $99 for College Members, $275 $139 for non-members.
The ACAAI International Food Allergy Symposium was held on Thursday, November 5, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas. The symposium is a chance for world-renowned experts to discuss all aspects of food allergy diagnosis and treatment, and review case histories.
Release Date: 12/15/2015
Expiration Date: 12/14/2018
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Nestle Nutrition Institute.
• Distinguish the various pathophysiologic and immunologic pathways that lead to food allergy
• Diagnose and manage the non-IgE mediated food allergies, as exemplified in FPIES and eosinophilic esophagitis
• Apply the knowledge of the latest mechanisms of anaphylaxis to the diagnosis and management of patients
• Identify and manage all forms of sea food allergy
• Utilize diagnostic techniques such as component testing and food challenges in the management of patients with food allergy
• Discuss updates on research and clinical diagnostic methods of eosinophilic esophagitis
• Utilize probiotics in the prevention and treatment of the atopic disorders where they have been shown to be effective
• Design balanced dietary interventions for the diagnosis and treatment of various food allergies
• Identify the risk factors for the development of food allergy that applies to their patient and design interventions to reduce the risk
• Inform their patients of the latest research endeavors on various methods of food allergy immunotherapy and the outcomes
- 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 9.25 Attendance