2015 Annual Meeting On Demand: Friday Sessions
You can earn up to 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
This collection covers general sessions from Friday's program. This includes plenaries, symposia, and, for the first time, several workshops have been included. The sessions listed below are included in this package.
- Triumvirate of Parameters for Allergic Skin Diseases
- Hereditary Angioedema: Management Challenges
- Asthma, COPD and Asthma-COPD Overlap Syndrome (ACOS)
- Managing Non-Infectious Complications of Common Variable Immunodeficiency
- W1 Insect Allergy
- W5 Food Challenges
Release Date: 12/15/2015
Expiration Date: 12/14/2018
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Describe important identifiable causes of chronic urticaria that warrant further diagnostic work-up and discuss evidence basis for, and appropriate uses of, anti-IgE therapy for idiopathic chronic urticaria
• Discuss Practice Parameter summary statements regarding the management of refractory atopic dermatitis
• Describe proper use of patch testing and implications for management
• Recognize the clinical presentations of HAE and how to distinguish it from histamine mediated angioedema
• Appropriately determine in whom to prescribe phophylactic HAE therapy
• Discuss the risks, benefits, and costs of available HAE treatments
• Recognize that asthma, like COPD, can be an irreversible lung disease in both children and adults and be able to institute appropriate measures to slow this decline
• Manage exacerbations in patients with asthma/COPD overlap syndrome (ACOS), and assess when, and if, such patients should be referred to another specialist for further care
• Discuss the comorbidities that occur in patients with asthma/COPD overlap syndrome (ACOS) and be able to manage them
• Recognize and treat the pulmonary complications of common variable immunodeficiency
• Recognize and treat the autoimmune complications of common variable immunodeficiency
• Describe malignancies associated with common variable immunodeficiency diseases
• Recognize the most common insects that cause reaction in humans as well as the reactions these insects cause and develop an evaluation and treatment plan as well as evaluate how to work with local emergency departments for aftercare of patients seen
• Describe how to perform an oral food challenge and review indications for an oral food challenge and reasons for deferment
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.00 Attendance